If a consumer complains about a foreign provider of financial services, where an extrajudicial complaint procedure is available, the complaint is generally viewed by the complaints authority where the service provider is located.

Using the FIN-NET website the consumer that has a complaint against a foreign provider of financial services can:

  • determine which extrajudicial complaint procedure applies and contact the responsible authority;
  • contact the extrajudicial complaint procedure provider in their state of residence, which will help by providing all relevant information.

FIN-NET aims to allow consumers to file their cross-border complaints in the language of the signed financial contract.

Please click here to find more information on disputes with banks and other financial institutions.

Last update:    04-02-2016